Today, the Nike Hoop Summit World Team has been announced. The team will compete against a US selection in Portland on the 10th of April. The World team is this time a real worldwide selection as it features only 3 players currently being active in Europe and members from 4 different continents.
So here is the official selection.
- Cory Joseph (Canada – Findlay Prep)
- Duje Dukan (Croatia – Deerfield High School)
- Sui Ran (China – Shandong)
- Jason Cadee (Australia – AIS)
- Tristan Thompson (Canada – Findlay Prep)
- Enes Kanter (Turkey – Stoneridge Prep)
- Mael Lebrun (France – Orléans)
- Dejan Musli (Serbia – FMP Belgrade)
- Robert Loe (New Zealand – JTB Breakers)
- Nikola Mirotic (Montenegro – Palencia)
While the selection of Enes Kanter, Dejan Musli and Nikola Mirotic can not be considered as a surprise, the presence of the athletic French guard Mael Lebrun is a bit unexpected. However, Lebrun is certainly one of the most interesting players to follow in this roster and may be the guy that can boost his NBA Draft stock the most. Lebrun was the 2nd best scorer of the French U18 National team in 2009 and played an excellent tournament in Metz. He could not crack the rotation of Orléans this season but his athletic playing style will certainly help him to go for a good Hoop Summit in Portland.
The Hoop Summit game will be played the 10th April at 7pm Pacific Time (4am on the 11th April CET).