The organization of the Cholet Mondial Basketball Tournament has announced the definitive teams that will participate in the traditional tournament during the Easter days. The 29th edition will be held from the 2nd to the 5th April 2010 and will feature 12 teams from 8 different countries.
The tournament for U18 Club Teams will be played in the mythic Cholet Meilleraie Arena and brought up already such interesting players as Antoine Rigaudeau, Toni Kukoc, Jerry Stackhouse or Zydrunas Ilgauskas. This year, there may be not such an outstanding individual player who stands out but the overall level of the tournament seems very interesting as it features some smaller but not less talented teams. As the Albert Schweitzer Tournament will be played during the same time, it is difficult to get the really best European talent to come to Eastern France.
This year’s participants are
- Cholet Basket (France)
- Hyères-Toulon Var (France)
- ASVEL Basket (France) – 7th place at the NIJT Belgrade event
- Paris-Levallois (France)
- BC Torrejon (Spain) – defending champion
- BCM Ostrava (Czech Republic)
- Barking Abbey Basketball team (United Kingdom) – semi-finalist at the NIJT London event
- KK Zitko Basket (Serbia) – current 4th place in Serbian U18 League
- KK Parklji Ljubljana (Slovenia)
- KK Zagreb (Croatia) – including 1994 born top talent Dario Saric? He may also play with the Croatian U18 National Team
- Spirou Charleroi (Belgium)
- Unelco Tenerife (Spain)
Official Website: http://www.jfcholetmondialbasketball.com/