Here are the first impressions from the semi-finals day of the NBBL Top4 in Langen.
- ALBA Berlin defeated Breitengüssbach in a relatively poor semi-final behind the nice scoring effort of Thomas Schoeps
- The second semi-final has been won like last year by Team Urspring. The guys from Southern Germany started with an incredible 16-2 run which they managed until the end of the game
- The tropical weather in Langen made a really heavy atmosphere in the gym. Extremely high humidity and temperatures of more than 30 degrees Celsius impacted the games.
- Maurice Stuckey came up with the most impressive performance of the semi-finals. One day after his 18th birthday, Stuckey hit 8 three pointers to score 28pts, grabbed 9 rebounds and stole 4 balls.
- The awards of the NBBL season were for Christian Standhardinger (MVP), Mathias Perl (Best defender) and Kevin Bright (Best youngster, born in 1992 or before)
- Bonn had to play without Sascha Wahlbröhl because he was not ready after his injury. For Urpsring, Thierno Agne had his comeback after a long pause.
- Michigan recruit Robin Benzing was also in the gym. He controlled the tickets of the spectators…