After the heavy Easter weekend, let’s go for a recap of all the action of the last days.
- The important Vilagarcia Basketball Cup for U18 National Teams has been won by France that has beat Russia in the Final 66-63. The MVP trophy of the tournament went to 92 born German Center Philip Neuman. Thanks to BasketenRed, you can watch highlights of several games of the tournament.
- Vilagarcía Basket Cup 09 / France – New Zealand from basket en red
- Vilagarcía Basket Cup 09 / Spain – Russia from basket en red
- Vilagarcía Basket Cup 09 / Germany – Spain from basket en red
- Today started the Victor Rho Tournament in Italy. You can follow the tournament on the new website including a nice Real-Time Score Mailing List
- I got additional information concerning the Future Stars U18 Tournament that will be played in London from the the 10th to the 12th July. The tournament will feature the U18 National Teams of Spain, Italy, Poland, Latvia, England and a Richmond College Select team (the hosts). Additionally, a highly interesting Coaching Clinic will be held during the tournament including international top coaches like Neven Spahija and Simone Pianigiani. We will come back in more detail about this tournament at a later stage.
- Draftexpress has nice coverage of the Jordan Brand Classic including a report on the International game that featured among others the Slovenian U16 sensation Luka Rupnik
- The Cholet Mondial Tournament has been won by the Spanish U18 team of BC Torrejon. The Spanish team features an important number of players coming from abroad and among them the MVP of the tournament Frederico Brito dos Santos from Brazil. The 1m94 tall forward was the best scorer and rebounder of the tournament with averages of 20ppg and 10rpg
- Ricky Rubio has declared officially for the 2009 NBA Draft this Monday