The second day of the NBBL and JBBL Top 4 is always marked by the Finals and the distribution of individual trophies. We discuss both games in a short recap and inform you about the official awards and the EuropeanProspects.com All-Top4- Teams.
JBBL: Artland Dragons – BBA Ludwigsburg 61 – 62
The Dragons started well into the game with Philipp Herkenhoff doing his job and Thorben Döding running the show. However, quick foul trouble by the Dragons PG gave Ludwigsburg the possibility to turn the game around with their multiple rotations and defensive pressure. Lawrence Mugagan was everywhere on the court and Daniel Franz scored in the paint. Ludwigsburg went ahead by 10 points and controlled the game until the final minutes. With several big plays, Herkenhoff brought his team back but the Dragons were unable to get the victory despite poor decisions by Ludwigsburg to manage the crunch time. In the end, the team of coach Ross Jorgusen survived the final Dragons spurt and has been crowned JBBL Champion 2015 with real team basketball and without any dominating individuals.
NBBL: Eintracht Frankfurt – FC Bayern München 59 – 69
Bayern Munich took the lead from the start despite the absence of their Starting PG. However Frankfurt was better in the second part of the first quarter and had a slight advantage after the first ten minutes. With Richard Freudenberg to start the game, the forward made his shots in order to help his team stay close. With Karim Jallow putting defensive pressure on the Frankfurt guards, the team from the South was capable of controlling the game even with their backup players. Niklas Kiel was unable to dominate in the paint so that Munich took over the advantage in the second half. Freudenberg knocked down a couple of threes and the gap was there. Frankfurt could not come back and the players of coach Oliver Kostic finished the season with a win that means NBBL Champion 2015.
Player reports on the main prospects will be published during the next days.
JBBL Individual Awards
- Top4 – MVP: Philipp Herkenhoff (Artland Dragons)
- Season MVP: Nicolas Wolf (TSV Tröster Breitengüssbach)
- Rookie of the Year: Hendrick Drescher (TuS Lichterfelde)
- Defensive player of the Year: Nelson Weidemann (ALBA Berlin)
- Coach of the Year: Ross Jorgusen (BBA Ludwigsburg)
NBBL Individual Awards
- Top4 – MVP: Richard Freudenberg (FC Bayern)
- MVP: Haris Hujic (Phoenix Hagen)
- Rookie of the Year: Isaiah Hartenstein (Artland Dragons)
- Defensive player of the Year: Jannes Hundt (ALBA Berlin)
- Coach of the Year: Oliver Kostic (FC Bayern)
- Fekremariam Abraha (Ludwigsburg)
- Thorben Döding (Artland)
- Lawrence Mugagan (Ludwigsburg)
- Nicolas Wolf (Breitengüssbach)
- Philipp Herkenhoff (Artland)
- Jules Akodo (Frankfurt)
- Jonas Grof (Hagen)
- Richard Freudenberg (Bayern)
- Niklas Kiel (Frankfurt)
- Dejan Kovacevic (Bayern)