A few thoughts about Day 2 in Hospitalet from the Top U18 tournament in Spain.
- Cajasol Sevilla came up with a nice win over the hosts from Hospitalet behind the huge scoring effort of Jordan Bürguer, the 1991 born forward from Brazil. He had 29pts at 9/11 2FG and 8/8FTs together with 14 rebs. With his 39rkg points, he had nearly as much as the whole Hospitalet team united with 44.
- Cibona came up with a second win in the tournament with a 81-69 over Malaga. The Spaniards were led by the ranking king of the day Augusto Cesar Lima who had 47 in efficiency. For the Croats Dino Hodzic had 28pts while Tomislav Zubcic came up with 21pts and 14rebs but 9TOs.
- Barcelona had no problems to win against a limited Pau-Orthez team where Jonathan Leira was the top scorer with 18pts and 7rebs. For Barcelona, Nihad Dedovic was once again the man with 29pts and supported by Michel Diouff who scored 10/13 for 20pts.
- Another blowout was the game between Real Madrid and CSKA Moscow Nikola Mirotic scored 27pts for the Spaniards and he was getting some scoring help by David Garcia who made 4 out of 7 three point shots. For the Russian, no real stand outs in terms of stats.
- The next blowout came then with the FMP Zeleznik beating Sevilla 94-56. Dejan Musli was again not playing and 6 Serbs were in double figures in this easy win. For Sevilla, only Julio Sosa finished with double figures at 17.
- In the only close game of the day, Joventut beat Malaga 78-76. In the last seconds Josep Franch scored in penetration to make Joventut regain the lead, 75-76, with 13.1 seconds to go. Ernesto Diaz missed a critical shot while David Jelinek made just 1-for-2 free throws for a 76-78 edge with 1.3 seconds to go, enough to win the game. Jelinek finished the game at 5/10 3FG for Joventut while Diaz finished the game with 17 for Malaga.